Meet Josh Coffey, D.M.D, M.D.
Dr. Coffey grew up in St. Charles, MO where all his family continues to live today. Dr. Coffey graduated from St. Charles West High School. Dr. Coffey spends most of his free time with his very active wife and 3 daughters. They love biking, swimming, exercising, and enjoying the outdoors, rain or shine. They also enjoy serving in their church and community. Dr. Coffey is an avid sports fan, with plans to attend as many Cardinals, Blues, and St. Louis FC games as he can. As a native of St. Louis, he looks forward to working in and serving the community he loves.
Dr. Coffey completed his undergraduate studies at Brigham Young University, during which time he married his high school sweetheart. He then returned to St. Louis to attend Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health. After dental school, Dr. Coffey became a dual-degree oral and maxillofacial surgeon, who completed his residency training and obtained a medical degree (MD) from Case Western Reserve University. While working in Cleveland Ohio he trained in the full scope of maxillofacial surgery and spent his final year as chief resident of University Hospital and MetroHealth, both of which are level 1 trauma centers. His surgical interests include dentoalveolar surgery, maxillofacial trauma, orthognathic surgery, and benign pathology and reconstruction.
- Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity Scholarship Award for the student with the highest academic achievement throughout four years of dental school.
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Award for exemplary aptitude and achievement in oral and maxillofacial pathology.
- Horace Wells Senior Student Award for outstanding achievement in the field of dental anesthesiology, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology.
- Dental Implant Student Award American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- Academy of Operative Dentistry Award for outstanding achievement in operative dentistry.
- Dean’s Clinical Scholarship Award in recognition of exceptional clinical accomplishments, CWRU School of Dental Medicine.
- Dean’s Award for outstanding performance on National Dental Boards, CWRU School of Dental Medicine.
- Dr. William S. Kramer Award of Excellence, Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society.
- Vibeke K. Nygaard Award for outstanding achievement in Dental Anatomy and Masticatory Dynamics.
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Honor Dental Society Merit Award(s) for excellent performance during the first (and second) year of dental school.
Outside of OMFS, Dr. Urbanek enjoys running, weight training, and staying active with various sports. He particularly enjoys baseball and golf in the summer and skiing in the winter.
Contact our office to schedule an appointment with Dr. Urbanek.
We have 6 locations in the
greater St. Louis area ~
Chesterfield, South County, Festus
St. Peters, O’Fallon, Wentzville