Meet David E. Urbanek, DMD, MS
Dr. David Urbanek grew up in Cleveland, Ohio, and completed his Bachelor’s Degree at Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) in Cleveland. He earned a Master’s Degree with honors in Anatomy at CWRU, then went on to graduate at the top of his class at the CWRU School of Dental Medicine. He completed his four-year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Carle Foundation Hospital in Champaign/Urbana, Illinois. During his time at CWRU, he has served as a teaching assistant for medical, dental, and graduate students in the anatomical sciences. He has held a faculty appointment at the University of Illinois College of Medicine, Department of Surgery, and currently teaches dental students at the A.T. Still University Missouri School of Dental and Oral Health. He has authored several chapters in various Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery textbooks, and lectures to the dental and medical community.
His professional interests focus on dentoalveolar surgery, third molar removal, dental implants, bone grafting, general anesthesia, corrective jaw (orthognathic) surgery, maxillofacial and salivary gland pathology, facial trauma, and facial reconstruction. He also has extensive experience in oral cancer and cleft lip and palate surgery. Dr. Urbanek also utilizes the newest technology in computer-aided surgical treatment planning for his orthognathic surgeries to gain the highest level of precision and predictability achievable for these cases.
Dr. David Urbanek is a part of several professional organizations. He is a member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology, American Dental Association, Missouri Dental Association, and the Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Honor Dental Society.
- Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity Scholarship Award for the student with the highest academic achievement throughout four years of dental school.
- American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology Award for exemplary aptitude and achievement in oral and maxillofacial pathology.
- Horace Wells Senior Student Award for outstanding achievement in the field of dental anesthesiology, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology.
- Dental Implant Student Award American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- Academy of Operative Dentistry Award for outstanding achievement in operative dentistry.
- Dean’s Clinical Scholarship Award in recognition of exceptional clinical accomplishments, CWRU School of Dental Medicine.
- Dean’s Award for outstanding performance on National Dental Boards, CWRU School of Dental Medicine.
- Dr. William S. Kramer Award of Excellence, Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society.
- Vibeke K. Nygaard Award for outstanding achievement in Dental Anatomy and Masticatory Dynamics.
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Honor Dental Society Merit Award(s) for excellent performance during the first (and second) year of dental school.
Outside of OMFS, Dr. Urbanek enjoys running, weight training, and staying active with various sports. He particularly enjoys baseball and golf in the summer and skiing in the winter.
Contact our office to schedule an appointment with Dr. Urbanek.
Here's what our patients had to say about their experience with Dr. Urbanek:
We have 6 locations in the
greater St. Louis area ~
Chesterfield, South County, Festus
St. Peters, O’Fallon, Wentzville
Great care! If I ever have to do this again I’d return. The doctor was calm and kind, explained everything to me before hand and answered all my questions. The support staff was just as sweet. The office was clean and has COVID precautions in place.
— Clarice V.